2. Hmmm, I can’t recall when I was really angry at somebody. Those days are over and done with for the most part, unless somebody personally insults me or insults my friends. Then you can expect me to hate every fiber of your being.
4. Not telling somebody you’re going to die within a month sounds very cinematic and would make for a good story or a song, but i’d probably end up telling those who are very close to me. I don’t think i’d be too afraid of knowing when my expiration date is. I usually live every day as if I were going to die, and as a result I actually have almost no sense of the future. What would I do? Well, there are a few places that I do want to go, some people I really want to meet, and some confessions to be made, so i’d probably take care of that. I’d also leave my possessions in the hands of friends who I know would use them and take care of them, and i’d ask for whatever money I had to be donated to a charity of some sort. Oh, and i’d probably spend at least 3-4 days playing shows with Young Lovers.
6. I probably wouldn’t give a shit about anything in the world except for saving that dog. Dogs never do harm to people (except when provoked, but who doesn’t do harm to someone if they’re provoked) and chances are, this dog wasn’t asking to be drowned. People on the other hand are fickle and inconsistent, and I feel less of an obligation to them than to animals. If I didn’t save that dog, i’d have to live the rest of my life with that on my conscience, and that’s much more of a price to pay for me than losing a job. I still feel bad about that one time when I was in the car and my dad ran over a dog, and that wasn’t even my decision to make.
8. Which best friend? It really does depend on which one. I really, honestly wouldn’t know what to do in that situation, and i’d probably spend weeks self-loathing and feeling very confused about where to take all this, why they love me (of all people), and if it’s worth the possibility of killing off that friendship if we break up in the future.
10. This is a very complex question. Would I like to have me as a friend? Maybe. I doubt my reliability and mental stability at some times. Would I like to have a friend who has my exact friend qualities? Maybe, but probably yes.
12. Jobs are fleeting. I’d rather give mine up for somebody else’s survival than keep one for my well being.
14. I’d say both are equally as hard. I’ve been in both situations, and it’s always hard to break news like that. I’m much more experienced in telling people I love them than telling them I don’t love them, though. Still hurts either way….
- Get a volume pedal and an E-Bow/real bow and a power adapter for my pedal
- Play more tennis
- Try to make vegetarian/vegan versions of almost every single Filipino food to see if it’s actually possible
- Finish up the Young Lovers album
- Play more shows with YL
- Play more coffee shop/jazz club gigs with Affirmative Action (jazz band) to keep skills sharp
- Read all the books I have in my possession first
- Buy more books, as always
- Get an Esterbrook fountain pen with a fine nib
- Make handwriting better
- Get a new ink ribbon for Myles (need to take care of this first)
- Do post-rock versions of different songs with DLeno
- Get that license
- Busk with Mikey in Santa Monica and make some money
- Job at bookstore, cafe, etc.?
- Get better at photography, or at least approach the level I was at a couple of years ago.
- See more beauty than ugliness in everything, or at least see the both of them more vividly.
Every wise man’s son doth know.” —Shakespeare- Twelfth Night (via bullet-tongue)
Ideas for concept albums:
- Spend 7 days or more riding the subway/bus/public transport at least once a day. On every ride, pick a random person, observe absolutely everything about them (hell, even fall in love with them) and then make up their life stories. Then, write a song/songs about that story.
- One song for each of the levels of Hell in Inferno or Heaven in Paradiso
- Score your favorite book.
- Odes to food? Hey, if Saint-Saens can do it with animals, you can do it with food.
- Pick a few of your favorite photographs and score them.
- Make a song/album with only the things you can find in your room. (my room’s well stocked with instruments, so it all works out)